English ¦      Español   


Name Email
Check-in date Check-out date

No. of rooms

Church of Santo Tomás

On the East side of the main square there is the spanish-colonial style Church of Santo Tomás, and its monastery, built by Franciscans friars in 1540 on top of a pre-hispanic archeological site. It is used that locals enter the church through the main entrance, after climbing the 18-step semi-circular stairway that represent each to the months of the Mayan calendar, while visitors should go through the side entrance.

Across the plaza is the smaller El Calvario Chapel, used exclusively by Mayans to do Christian and Mayan ceremonies.